The Floor Sanding Process
Survey & Quotation
- From your initial contact, we will agree a convenient time to call and survey your wood floor. Evening and weekend appointments are no problem.
- I will listen to you ideas for the new look & I will give you my professional advice to achieve the best possible outcome to suit your lifestyle.
- I will identify your floor type, wood strip or parquet flooring and the type of species.
- Measure the areas for Floor Sanding / Wood Floor Stain / Wood Floor Restoration and Wood Floor Varnish.
- I will give you a quotation for the work and if you are happy to proceed we can schedule an appointment to do the job.
- Most jobs can be completed in just 1 day.
- I will arrive at an agreed time. Early morning appoints are no problem for those who need to head off to work.
- When sanding wood floors, the first job for the floor sander is to strip the old floor coatings.
- The wood floor is sanded 3 times to a smooth clean surface.
- If you have selected a wood floor stain as some customer like to change from light to dark wood floors, it is applied at this stage. Alternatively the wood floor refinishing process begins with the first of three coats of professional wood floor varnish.
- Between coats the floor is lightly abraded to ensure a long-lasting durable finish.
- Drying times between coats of the wood floor varnish is about 1 hour depending on conditions.
- When the third and final coat is dry, your floor will look new again and accessible to light foot traffic.